This is the transcript of the poster I published with the previous blog article from August 7th.
Why I Support Obama-
1. For 30 years I’ve heard politicians talking about health care reform, and he’s the first one to do something about it. The Affordable Care Act removes restrictions on pre-existing conditions, makes health care more affordable for small businesses, raises the age at which children can be on their parents’ policies, removes lifetime caps, and more. With the possible exception of insurance execs, who would not want these changes?
2. He ended the war in Iraq, and is drawing the war in Afghanistan to a close. Like he said he would.
3. He thinks women should have access to free preventative healthcare. Why is this still an issue?
4. He believes in equality for all people and signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to help women get equal pay for equal work and the repeal of the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy.
5. He is promoting and investing in clean energy jobs. Finally.
6. He supports education by giving more flexibility to No Child Left Behind (thank you!) and by making college aid more available.
7. He thinks millionaires and billionaires should pay their fair share of taxes like the rest of us. Really, this is a no brainer.
8. Despite inheriting one of the worst economic messes since the Great Depression, he added 2.6 million private sector jobs to our economy, and indications are that the economy is slowly improving. To anyone who thinks it’s been too slow – don’t you know you can’t turn the Titanic around in a day?
I voted for him before and I will vote for him again.