When we last left the playing field scoring accomplishments between the two Presidential candidates, it was President Obama: 10 and Romney 0. I’ve been thinking about that, and to be fair, Romney deserves to score one in the accomplishments column for the successful running of the Olympics in Utah.
Now let’s see, are there any other accomplishments I can list for Romney?
Yes, you in the back? Bain Capital? Well, yes, it was a success for him but we’re looking for accomplishments that go beyond what someone did for themselves. A President who just looked out for himself wouldn’t be a very good President, now would he?
All right, it seems there are no more accomplishments we can list for Romney. Now let’s see if we can find more accomplishments for Obama. It could be tough. You know, many Republicans think Obama hasn’t accomplishment anything. And they should know, because they’re blocked every Obama proposal in the Senate even if it might have been a good bill for America.
Here are 10 more accomplishments for President Obama. All are documented so you can check them out
11. Created the post of Chief Performance Officer, whose job it is to make operations more efficient to save the federal government money.
12. On his first full day as President, he froze White House salaries.
13. He committed to phasing out unnecessary and outdated weapons systems, and also signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop waste, fraud and abuse in the defense procurement and contracting system.
14. He completed the massive TARP financial and banking rescue plan, and recovered virtually all of its costs.
15. He created the Making Home Affordable home refinancing plan for beleaguered homeowners.
16. He oversaw a bailout of General Motors that saved at least 1.4 million jobs, and put pressure on the company to change its practices, resulting in GM returning to its place as the top car company in the world.
17. He signed the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act giving the federal government more tools to investigate and prosecute fraud in every corner of the financial system. It also created a bipartisan Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission to investigate the financial fraud that led to the economic meltdown.
18. He signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act, designed to protect consumers from unfair and deceptive credit card practices.
19. He initiated a $15 billion plan designed to encourage increased lending to small businesses.
20. He dismantled the Minerals Management Service, thereby moving forward to cut ties between energy companies and the government.
So if we tally up today’s scores, it’s Obama 20 accomplishments and Romney 1, but it is still anybody’s race to win. Why, if there were just another 19 more Olympics in Utah, it would be a Hell of a lot closer.
Therefore, I must conclude:
The best man for President of the United States is the President of the United States.
Give that man a Presidential Watch. You know like Encore 2012 by Marc Giles, the OfficialPortrait Watch by Kevin Beck or Illustrated Obama by Caty Bartholomew. Or that gorgeously handsome Vote Obama 2012 watch by Oz Durham, or the simple, but beautiful Re-Elect Obama by Chris Cerase. Or even David Bell’s rock ‘n roll classic, The Barack Around the Clock Watch. Or the all time-classic look of the Official Portrait watch by Kevin Beck.
Thanks for coming by. Please do one of the following NEXT.
1. Leave a blog comment. Google like when you do that and they send us more traffic
2. Like us here or on Obama Watches Facebook.
3. Buy a watch. Use coupon code VIP20 to save 20%
4, Buy another.
5. Accept our thanks for your help. Go Orioles! Go Obama!